Medical Malpractice Attorney Savannah
Gene Brooks is your medical malpractice attorney in Savannah that can help you get you what you deserve. Along with debilitating injuries, victims of medical malpractice can face years, or even a life time, of corrective surgeries, medical bills, and the inability work. Some errors can even be fatal.
Fill out the form below for a medical malpractice case consultation.
Some common forms of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis or failing to diagnose a serious illness or disease
- Delayed diagnosis
- Ordering the wrong test
- Failing to provide treatment on time
- Failure to provide standard follow up care
- Prescribing the wrong medication or dosage
- Lab mistakes
- Misinterpretation of lab results
- Failing to monitor a patient
- Medical device errors
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
If you suspect something isn’t right, it’s very important that you start documenting your experiences immediately. Make detailed notes of:
- Your injuries
- The symptoms you experience
- The dates they occur
- The names of your doctors
- Appointment dates
- Procedures or surgeries and the outcomes
You must be able to show all of the following elements in a medical malpractice claim:
- You had a doctor-patient relationship with the doctor or hospital facility you plan to sue
- Your doctor’s professional treatment fell below the acceptable standard.
- You will need an expert to testify that your doctor’s misconduct caused your injury.
- You suffered damages such as medical bills, physical and mental pain and suffering, time off from work or inability to work at all as a result of your injuries.
There are limits on how long you have to file a lawsuit and claim damages. Unfortunately, the law does not consider your recovery time as an exception to these time limits. The clock on the statute of limitations begins ticking the day you are injured.
We will investigate your claim by gathering the police report, dash cam footage, surveillance videos, photos, and interviewing witness.
We will gather documents from the insurance company and your medical records and bills.
We will negotiate a settlement with the insurance company. If they do not offer a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
Put a Skilled & Seasoned
Legal Team on Your Side
Do not assume the insurance company is looking out for your best interest. They are in the business of making money, not giving it away. They can make you a low-ball offer or deny your claim all together. Contact Savannah's Personal Injury Law Firm to get a free evaluation of your case.
Fill out the form for a free consultation.
Legal Disclaimer: This site may contain attorney advertising. The information you obtain from this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create a client-attorney relationship.