Types of Auto Accidents
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident in Savannah, GA?
Car accidents happen every single day. However, we get into our cars and often fail to think twice about the potential danger that awaits on the roads. No matter how safe of a driver you might be, you’ll never know what could happen.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, our Savannah personal injury attorney at Brooks Law Office is ready to help you obtain the monetary damages you deserve. We can thoroughly evaluate your case and determine all of the legal options available to recover your entitled compensation.
5 Most Common Types of Car Accidents
There are many different types of auto accidents that occur on roadways throughout the United States. However, there are some types of car collisions which happen more frequently than others.
The following are the five most common types of car accidents that cause injury:
- Rear-end collisions – Considered the most common type of car accident, getting “rear-ended” occurs when a driver follows too closely behind another car or the other driver suddenly stops. Rear-end collisions don’t normally result in serious or fatal injuries. They typically happen in heavy traffic.
- Side-impact collisions – Also known as T-bone or broadside collisions, these accidents happen when the side of one of the vehicles is impacted by the front of the other. These collisions often occur at intersections, parking lots, and when two vehicles pass on a roadway. According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), side-impact crashes accounted for 27 percent of all passenger deaths in the country.
- Single car accidents – This type of accident only involves one vehicle. A majority of these types of collisions involve being run off the road, fallen debris, traffic light or sign malfunctions, and even animals.
- Multi-vehicle crashes – This type of collision involves three or more vehicles and tend to happen on busy roads and highways. These accidents can be very dangerous because cars may receive multiple impacts from different angles.
- Head-on collisions – Considered the deadliest type of accident, a head-on collision occurs when the front ends of two vehicles strike each other in opposite direction. They often happen at high speeds that make it difficult to stop and allow car safety features to protect occupants from severe injuries.
Let Our Savannah Auto Accident Attorney Help You
The effects of any type of car accident and injury can be severe enough to require extensive medical treatment and missed time at work. These injuries can also result in emotional suffering that can make it difficult for things to go back to normal. Our Savannah personal injury attorney has recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients and understands what it takes to get the results you want.
Contact us and request a free consultation for more information today.